Take a look at these photos from PopTeen magazine, a popular Japanese magazine:
Japanese magazines are famous for telling you how to do makeup step by step. Of course, these magazines are in Japanese! So it’s hard to read them. I’ll translate for you as best I can what they are saying, which will help you to recreate the doll-like, luminous look that’s pictured here.
1. Start with skin thats been cleansed, moisturised, and primed. We want the skin to look as flawless as possible.
2. Apply a translucent liquid foundation all over the face. Blend.
3. Apply concealer under the eyes, around the mouth, in the corners of the nose. Blend.
4. Apply hilighter down the bridge of the nose, under the eyes, under the eyebrows, just under the center of the bottom lip, and in the center of the forehead. Blend.
5. Japanese artists usually draw in circles, rather than in lines like we do in the West. So, using a peachy eye shadow, draw in a circular motion on the top lid, taking the shadow up a little past the crease. Blend.
6. Using a brown/taupe colour, make a small circle on the outer 1/3 of your top eyelid, just to add dimension to your face. Blend.
7. Using a gel eyeliner, line the top of your eyelid, making the line thicker towards the outside corner of your eye.
8. Using a darker brown eyeshadow, trace the outer 1/2 of your bottom eyelid, connecting to the black eyeliner on the outer corner of your top lid. Blend.
9. Apply a shimmery white shadow to the inner corner of your bottom eyelid, to brighten and open up your eye.
10. Add individual false eyelashes to your lids. Use longer lasheson the outer corner of the top eyelids, medium length single lashes in the center of the upper eyelids, and shorter lashes all along the bottom eyelids.
11. Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes, blending the false lashes with your regular eye lashes.
12. For this look, your eyebrows should be relatively light. Fill them in gently with a light brown pencil.
13. Apply a peachy blush to the apples of your cheeks.
14. Insert circle contact lenses to create the illusion of larger, doll-like eyes.
15. Add a baby pink pearlised lip colour to your lips, and top it off with a baby pink gloss.
16. With a small powder brush, dust your face with a pearlised loose powder.